Stationary Cylinder for Dry Operation
Series 4H pressure-applied stationary cylinder multi- disc clutches are designed for dry use. Pressure supply feeds into cylinder via a flexible tube. Piston and cylinder sub-assembly mounts on shielded ball bearings. Positive disengagement achieved by use of release springs between inner plates. Standard drive rings available as optional extras.
Series 54H-P clutches developed from series 4H clutches, incorporate a pilot mount. Pilot mount with the drive ring integral is supported on an extended hub by a rigid shielded double bearing assembly. Pulleys, sprockets and other drive components can fit directly to pilot mount, which has a tolerenced spigot diameter for location and tapped fixing holes. By using a suitable adaptor, a flexible coupling can fit to the pilot mount, connecting co-axial shafts which are beyond the alignment limits of series 4H clutches.
- Clutch requires no adjustment
- Shielded bearings need no lubrication in service
- Stationary cylinder allows simple supply connection
- Torques can be varied by regulating supply pressure
- Engagement speed controlled by varying pressure supply flow rate
- Large friction area gives extended plate life
- Individual plate separation ensures low drag torque
- Multi-disc design results in compact high torque clutch
- No axial thrusts transmitted to adjacent components
- All concentricities controlled within the clutch simplifying installation
- Pilot mount can be used to attach pulleys, sprockets and other drive components simplifying assembly